06 March 2014

S'more Beginnings

Like I mentioned yesterday, I jumped right in to working with the S'mores Love charm pack.
So much so that I really just went from start to 'finish' without taking much of a break in the middle for anything else.
At this point, the top is measuring about 28 by 40. I'm pretty happy with the overall size, but I do wish I'd cut my neutral break pieces just a little larger. I think the overall look is okay, even if it is a little off from what I'd intended - but by the time I realized my mistake (one hour in) I wasn't going to undo my progress and start over!
My mistake with the neutral cut size aside, this came together without any issues and so quickly. Right now I am so interested in seeing results - all of which added up for one great evening of sewing. Then again, when the fabrics are this cute, I might not mind spending a little more time with them.

I think I have a fabric in my stash that will work for the backing - but I'm not sure I have enough batting to get by. Right now all my batting is thick poly, and I think this one needs something that will drape a little better. I can't get to town tomorrow, but I sure wish I could! I just want to keep working on this one...


No comments:

Post a Comment