03 March 2014

February Wrap Up

February Goals: 
Read 5+ books
  • "Cress" Marissa Meyer
  • "Song of the Lioness: Lioness Rampant" Tamora Pierce
  • "A Little Princess" Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • "The Goddess Wars: Antigoddess" Kendare Blake
  • "Inhuman" Kat Falls
  • "Of Beast and Beauty" Stacey Jay
  • "Hideous Love" Stephanie Hemphill
  • "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" Cassandra Clare
Third Fashion Challenge Check-In
Work on the 2013 Cross-stitch portrait
Piece at least 1 starburst block - Easily pieced five more starburst blocks, which turned into two different projects. 
Relax - Debatable whether I accomplished this or not. I'm kind of feeling less stressed, but I never had a real chance to relax or go on even a 12 hour vacation. It was a lot of spending my whole day running after my tail, but since I was giving myself permission to accomplish less, I wasn't as worried about what I could be doing with this hour instead of sitting at a gas station waiting for my next appointment since they're scheduled too close together to do anything productive and too far apart to go straight from one to the next. So, less stress, but not sure more relaxing... 

Three difficult phone calls
Two difficult meetings
Which resulted in: 3 emails, 1 phone call, and one three visits I have yet to accomplish...


I can't believe it's March already! I know February is always a short month, but this month seemed shorter than usual! I don't even have a planned list of goals for March yet - and it's nearly the 4th of March. Sounds like vacation is over and I need to kick it into gear if I'm going to stay on task for the next couple months. And truthfully, if I'm not on task for those months, I'm going to do some serious reevaluating and see about changing the long term plans/goals. The stress going into some of the things I'm hoping to accomplish this year (or next year) -- with no sign of payoff in the future, near or far -- is beginning to get to me. Oh wait, I think that was my story last month! 

Considering I just attempted to spell 'month' with a 'g' in the middle of it, I think I'm going to take a couple more hours to relax and I'll be back tomorrow with a list of March goals. Some of which I might even have accomplished by then. We'll see... 


No comments:

Post a Comment