11 November 2014

Binding Debate

During a failed attempt to rearrange the office -- only to discover the plan didn't work out in reality -- I rediscovered a big pile of unused bias tape leftover from the XO charmed quilt (which I'm still fighting with).

I'm not certain it'll be enough to do the entire Christmas Star quilt, but I'm tempted to find out. 

The fabric I purchased to work as binding: 


The rediscovered already made option:


I do like the first option, and I think the glitter in both the possible binding fabric and the background go well together, but honestly, I'm leaning towards the brown --- and not just because it's already been made into bias tape. I think it works quite well with the various brown prints in the quilt top. I think what's throwing me off course is the knowledge that this same fabric worked so well with something so loud  -- how can it possibly also work with something so relatively quiet? 

Does it? Or is that the cold medicine talking? 

No comments:

Post a Comment