06 November 2014

Ready for Quilt Group...I Hope!




I knew this week would be busy, recovering from a surprise 3 day trip, three evening meetings to shorten my days, but I've also wound up with a new, massive work project and I'm honestly not certain how I'm going to get everything done in the next two days. Not by blogging about it, that's for sure! Anyway, my nerves are high, but I think I've at least got this project ready for quilt group. 


Eight copies of the directions/tutorial, scraps (mostly the precut pieces from my failed attempt at using the Moda Reunion fabrics to make us bedroom quilts, but a few others as well, and I may throw in even more -- though I suspect everyone will be bringing some), background fabric in pre-cut (by me) pieces as well as yardage, and my two (so far) stars. I made one in scrappy Reunion pieces, the other one in random scraps from my bins -- though it features two scraps from my current attempt at quilts for our bedroom, the large gold piece is from 'his' top and the tiniest aqua piece is from mine. I do love seeing all these familiar fabrics again, and my scraps are so small, stars are a great way to use them up.

I am still saving up for a ticker tape quilt though -- my goal from the moment I started quilting.

Anyway, wish me luck. I think all is as prepared as possible and hopefully everyone will have as much fun as I do working on these blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment