17 November 2014

Christmas Star - Bound!

For better or worse, I went with the brown. I liked it a little better, and honestly, it was already made -- and right now, that's a winner in my book.

And, I think it looks really good.
From this distance, it's just a dark outline at the very edge of the quilt, which I think helps give it a little more defined boundary -- and makes it every so slightly easier to photograph.

Above might be one of the better pictures I took in terms of showing the quilting. I still wish I'd been able to do a little more. Next time I do something like this, I should try a quilt as you go method so I can work more details in smaller chunks without feeling like I'm going to throw out my shoulder or rip the quilt!

The dark brown seems to work with all the colors, but it really makes those brown/tan pieces pop a little more. It needed that to balance out the pop of red which are almost too overwhelming for me.

And because the lighting was working with me, a little more detail of the quilting that actually lets you see the star in the center.

I can't wait to see how it came through the wash -- hopefully with flying colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment