19 November 2014

Quilt #25 - Christmas Star

What a difference a few hours makes! When I took the pre-wash photos, the outside world could have passed for summer still. Not any more. I only managed a couple of photos before my fingers were too numb to continue, but here's the Christmas Star quilt finished at last!

And not a binding issue or a new pucker in sight -- I'm so grateful for that. This one has not been the easiest to work with. I'm not sure if the fabrics just didn't mesh well, or perhaps it was trying to quilt without my inset desk, or just the scale of the thing, but I struggled from start to finish. Which isn't to say I don't love this quilt. I do. I think I love everything I work on. But I am ready to wrap this one up for gifting.
I love how the dark brown binding really sets off the back. I think it was totally the right choice. The green would have done something similar, but I think this happy accident worked out for the best.


I do love the fabrics and colors. Which is good, because I'm not quite finished working with the leftover scraps from this quilt. I've got a couple more things to work on to coordinate with this project -- if I get them finished in time -- before I'll be saying 'goodbye' to it completely.

I hope the recipient loves it even more than I do! We'll find out in a few weeks. Yikes -- that's coming up too soon. I'd better stop typing and get back to sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment