31 March 2015

March Wrap Up

March Goals


Read 5+ Books

  • "Spindle's End" by Robin McKinley
  • "Freaks" by Annette Curtis Klause
  • "The Blue Sword" by Robin McKinley
  • "Book of a Thousand Days" by Shannon Hale
  • "Soulless" by Gail Carriger
  • "Monstrous Affections" edited by Kelly Link and Gavin J. Grant

Average 13000+ steps per day -- Not quite, but I did better than last month. I'm slowly making progress at getting back to my steps. Longer days, and slightly more energy, are making a big difference. It's so much easier to walk outside than pace the living room! 
Prep for April/May family events
Order 2 family photo books
Begin on the 2015 photo book?

New Projects / Pinterest Challenge: 
Anything new I start this month will be focused on baby stuff, either for myself or the various Welcome Baby gifts I need to be finishing up -- thankfully I'm somewhat ahead from my extra work last year! I wont' say 'no' to new recipes or anything, and I'm sure lots of my ideas will come from Pinterest, but for now, it's time to focus on other things.

My Projects:
Finish 1 quilt top: Random Reflections 2 of 2
Baste quilt group wonky star top
Wash my wonky star quilt
Welcome Baby Projects (for mine and others):
  • Complete bibs -- figure out what is wrong with snap installer 
  • Make 2-4 hooded towels
  • Begin on a couple quilts -- the Autumn Woods patchwork and panel quilt came together very quickly. Not sure if it'll be for us or someone else, but it's a good start. 
  • Determine what else (if anything) I want to make in advance  -- I have a long list I'm working my way through. I'm sure I'll talk more about that later. 

Grown Up Junk:
Schedule next cat/vet appointment -- Okay, here's the thing. I put this on the list every month and never do it, right? Not because I'm a neglectful owner, but because Momo can only have the procedure done if he's "well enough" and so far, he's not been. We get about 6-7 days between events of illness, and I need more like 10 - 14 days minimum. It's incredibly frustrating. And I wish I knew if I should push it (lie) and get the procedure done anyway (because maybe the teeth are causing the issues) or if he really does need to be that well before going in for that major an appointment. Being a pet parent is hard work. 

House Stuff: 
Continue sweeping every other day, cleaning bathrooms once a week
House prep for baby:
  • remove broken orange chairs (1 or 2)
  • begin plans for changing table/storage area in master bedroom -- plans made, nothing actually accomplished yet. Next weekend, I hope. 
  • clear off porch
  • build deck box
  • move extra holiday storage from guest shower to deck box -- well, instead we lost all the shelving in the laundry room, so currently all that stuff is in the deck box. New shelves are another 'next weekend' project. 
  • move household chemicals into one cabinet -- put a lock/latch on it
  • swap out washer/dryer for newer set (when weather is good enough) -- YES! And I just have to say that I love the stacking washer/dryer combo we wound up with. We're doing smaller loads more regularly, but for us that's a good thing. We fold straight from the dryer since it's a decent height for us, and this keeps us from having a huge hamper full of clean clothes no one has bothered folding in weeks. Very much an improvement for us. 
Obviously that's more than I'm going to accomplish in one month -- even with some wonderful help from friends and family -- but it's the beginning of the between now and July list... Yikes.


Okay, so... I didn't get as much sewing and quilting done as I'd like, but I also accomplished more than I thought I would -- and more than I thought I had. There's still a lot more to do, but I'll talk about that on the April Goals post. All in all, March was really busy at work, so I'm impressed we managed to get much of anything else squeezed in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment