03 March 2015

Random Reflections 2 of 2 Update

My second Random Reflections quilt top is finally back on the table. It has been waiting for attention for way too long, and I really want to get these two big quilts basted while I still can! Finishing these before things get too challenging is going to be a struggle, and I have piles of fabric waiting for smaller, cuter quilts I also want done before it gets too late...

So, maybe I will only be able to finish the tops on both before I set them aside to concentrate on baby things. Yet I fear once there is another person in this house finishing these up is only going to be harder than ever. 

Each of the two tops I am making require 288 strips of 2.5" x 10.5" made up of the neutral back and my chosen fabrics. I assemble these into groupings of five (45) and seven (9), then begin building larger until I have nine rows each with 32 strips. 

Here are the initial 54 five-by blocks, waiting for nine of them to be turned into seven-by blocks. 

I managed to finish the first three additional two-by pieces before I ran out of paired strips. Pairing up and cutting a few more pieces won't take long, so I hope to have the block building aspect done before lunch tomorrow. The sew, iron, cut, sew aspect makes it a slow project but I refuse to be distracted when I'm this close to being done with that part -- and so close to being done with this top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment