03 April 2012

Cross Stitch Frame Up

I finally found some frames that fit my cross stitch portraits. I wish I'd thought about the standard frame sizes before I made them! Finding something no smaller than 3x3 and no bigger than 5x5 took a lot of effort. Someday when our family is bigger (whether that's another cat, a dog, or a child) I'll center the stitching with more thought so I can use a larger, more easily found, frame.


Since the frames turned out a little larger than I had intended, I added the corresponding years over the tops of our heads. It was tempting to add something more decorative to fill the extra space, but I think the simplicity works.


It would have been ideal to rearrange the portrait wall to the left of the piano to accommodate the new portraits. I spent an hour working on different arrangements before giving up (for now). Instead I turned to the blank spot between the painting and the hutch.


There's enough room there for the collection to grow, especially if I keep them at the same size for a while - I know, I know, I'd better go grab some more of those frames if I'm going to do that! It's not the perfect home for them, but it'll do for now - and it's nice to have them up on the walls instead of buried under fabric scraps on my desk.

2 comments:

  1. Can I hire you as an interior decorator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote of confidence - but I haven't a clue what I'm doing. I think it's my goal to cover as much of this wall paper as possible. There's not really a plan beyond that!

    ReplyDelete