11 April 2012

Enchilada Chicken Crescents

Inspired by the Easy Chicken Enchilada Crescent Bake from the Pillsbury website, I made my own easier crescent roll ups for dinner last week.

Enchilada Chicken Crescents
8 chicken fingers (shredded chicken would have been better, but this is what I had)
1 can crescent rolls - unrolled, but not separated into triangles
Enchilada sauce
Shredded cheese
Cilantro


Separate the crescent dough into four rectangles. Press the seams together as much as possible
Top with two chicken fingers, two spoon fulls of enchilada sauce (more would have been better), cheese and cilantro.


Roll the rectangles up and place on pan seam side down.

I topped them with cheese and more sauce before baking them. Do not follow my example. It would be better to allow the rolls to bake for 10-13 minutes, then top with sauce if desired and bake 2-5 more minutes. The cheese was probably fine added at the beginning, but do not add sauce on the outside until near the end of baking.


Like I said, I'd want to add more sauce on the inside, and change when I added the sauce to the outside, but these weren't bad. Next time, I'd like to try them with 'real' chicken instead of fingers, and perhaps add onion as well, but it was a fun attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment