06 April 2012

Duvet: Project or Postpone?

Our duvet has been falling apart for a few months now. It started when the plastic snaps that seal the opening started falling off - something I learned of when I stepped on some of the broken pieces left at the end of the bed. It seems the combination of our small foot board and the plastic snaps has not been good for either one. (This is my first duvet - do the snaps go on a side?)

I recently became aware of some more serious wear and tear.
A rip.

There's damage on either side of the rip as well  - to the right, several missing snaps in a row, to the left, a seriously cat scratched area.

We chose this duvet with the idea that we would rather the cat damage this than the beautiful quilt set we chose without thinking about our clawed friend, so the damage isn't terribly upsetting. But now I'm torn as to what to do.

I could probably whip up a simple replacement - likely replacing the cream color side with a flat sheet (the grey side is undamaged) and attempting an envelope or tied closure instead of the snaps. I could also put the comforter in storage and leave one of our many twin size comforters in its place - at least until the weather starts getting colder again.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment