22 April 2012

What Day Is It? Where Am I?


I'm still having a hard time believing today is Sunday - after a whole week of what I could have sworn were Fridays...

BUT

I'm eating again. And I'm sleeping again. And if I'm not quite feeling back to normal, I'm at least feeling like I'm going to live - and like I've got the energy to do things again. After spending almost a week doing little more than sleeping and moaning, doing anything at all is huge. I've already managed to do three loads of laundry and clean out the fridge - if that's not a sign I'm on the mend I don't know what is!

Unfortunately, things are still rocky. Life kicked me while I was down last week. Repeatedly.

I can't get into details, but we're waiting to learn the outcomes of several situations - worrisome health issues for some family members, bittersweet opportunities for others, difficult living situations for others. Vacations we had planned turned from booked to canceled overnight. Specific things I look forward to are suddenly gone. It's hard on top of difficult on top of painful on top of sick/no energy/no sleep.

When I'm feeling positive, I can bring myself to say that this is the beginning of a period of challenge and growth. For the most part, I'm not that positive.

I'm going to try to get back into the swing of doing things, but life could change dramatically in moments depending on the outcomes of those situations. So I can't hold myself to anything right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment