04 April 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Parmesan Chicken Crescents

From looking at my pinterest food board, or my menu plans, you would never guess that I hardly ate crescent rolls for the last five years. Now that I know chicken fingers (something else I used to avoid) can so easily be wrapped in crescents - it seems two 'wrongs' make a right!

Although the Buffalo Chicken version is still my favorite, last night I changed things up and went with something much more my husband's style: Plain Chicken's Parmesan Chicken Crescents.

Chicken fingers, dipped in spaghetti sauce:


Then rolled up and ready to bake:


After letting them cook for about 15 minutes, I topped them with a bit more mozzarella and a sprinkling of Parmesan:

And about five minutes later, called them done:


For me, these were just enough sauce and spice - but my husband dipped his in about a cup of additional sauce.


Next time, I'll try for thinner slices of cheese on top - the cheese didn't quite melt as much as I wanted it to. I'll also try mixing the Parmesan in with the sauce rather than sprinkling it on top - but yes, of course, we'll be doing this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment