09 June 2012

"Monkeys and Bananas" Quilted!

Proving that every once in a blue moon I can start and finish a single project without being distracted - the quilt I started Thursday night was basted and quilted before lunch on Friday.


After a little trial and error on some scrap fabric, I settled on one of the stitch settings on my Kenmore machine. The repeating scallop pattern makes me think of the trim on Victorian houses or sweet little play houses. I think it's a slightly more girly touch to what felt like a fairly gender neutral quilt.


This was my first time quilting with anything more than a straight stitch - and I couldn't love the result more! I'm not sure if any of the other pre-set stitches would work for quilting, but I'm going to find out. As soon as I'm ready for July...



2 comments:

  1. If they don't like it, they're crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of encouragement. I'm liking it more and feeling more confident with each additional step.

      Delete