10 June 2012

My 5th Quilt: April Showers/May Flowers I

April wasn't my favorite month. We had a lot of bad news and too much stress. Amid the sleepless nights, the tears, and the frustrations, I determined to make something beautiful come out of the month. That's how my attempt at a Disappearing 9 Patch block turned into what I called my April Showers/May Flowers quilt. 

Front
When I purchased these pre-cuts, I thought the fabric was a little too wild for me but potentially perfect for a gift quilt. Initially, I was inclined to describe the pieces as 90's Florida hotel upholstery-esque.

That changed once I started working with it.

Back
By the time my top was completely sewn, I knew I'd be keeping it.


I like to think it's the beautiful flower that came out of the month's showers.


Since the patterns are so busy, I kept the quilting very simple - diagonal lines breaking it up into diamonds.


It's not a large quilt - measuring only 37" square. It's a little too small to be a comfortable lap sized quilt, at least for how I use quilts. I'm tempted to make it a wall hanging - I have some empty wall space in the bedroom that could certainly use brightening up... 


But at least for now, I'm simply going to enjoy it and be thrilled that something beautiful came out of April. 









These pictures are looking a little fuzzy when I preview the post - though they look clear enough elsewhere. Are they fuzzy looking to anyone else? 

1 comment:

  1. The only fuzziness I'm seeing is the part of the next to the last that's out of the line of focus...

    ReplyDelete