20 June 2012

Pansy Patch Progress


Most of the block pieces, cut and ready to go. If only I were so ready!

I'm still convinced this is beyond my skill level - and my practice blocks haven't been getting any better. But if I'm going to finish it, I've got to start it, and there's no time like the present to start. Right?

I had hoped to build confidence by working on other, simpler, projects first and building up my confidence a little bit more. Sounds like a good idea, right? Well, it hasn't exactly worked out that way. I'm not sure I've gained any skill, and worse, putting it off just gave me more time to envision all the ways this could go wrong.

Fortunately, since I bought fabric for the whole pattern (21 blocks) but decided to make either 6 or 3 (depending how frustrating the process is), I have enough fabric to make a few mistakes.

The project has become more difficult to put off now that the pieces are cut. Partly because of the nervous thrill before starting something challenging, but partly because I lose any of these pieces to Momo's rambunctious curiosity or a rogue wind, I'm going to scream. I spent way too long trying to ensure each tiny piece was right to have even one lost in the depths of my office!



Wow, I just glanced back at the last time I worked on the Pansy Patch to see that I had said something about coming back to it in a few days. A few days? A couple months? All the same around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment