25 June 2012

"Procrastination" Play

My "Procrastination" Half-Square inspired quilt has been waiting too long for me to get to making a back for it - but it's going to have to wait a little longer!


There's been a bowl of scraps sitting on my counter since the final trim of the half-squares. I had figured I would eventually add them to the growing stack that will someday go to feed a very scrappy, very fluffy ticker tape inspired quilt. Tonight, somewhere between measuring yardage for the back and listening to an audio book, I found myself coming back to that bowl with another idea in mind.


Three very scrappy blocks.

They're a little crazy, but first chance tomorrow I'm going to see how they look added to the rather boring back I had planned. I'm hoping they'll be just enough crazy to make the back more fun.



And I still have more than enough pieces to add to the scrap piles I've been curating since my first stitch. Actually, I wanted a ticker tape style quilt before I started quilting. I had intended to make it my first project, picking a few scraps out of other people's piles. My mother caught wind of my plans and pointed out that it would be more special if I could look at each piece and remember the corresponding project. It's not the only reason I took up quilting and sewing, but it's been on my mind the whole time. I'm always a little disappointed when I use every inch of fabric in a project. My mom was right (as usual) - it will be fun to have a quilt that reminds me of nearly everything else I've done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment