18 June 2012

Off Script...

I had grand plans for accomplishing a lot during my light week so I could have things ready to share next week when I'll be hard pressed to spend more than ten minutes on my computer. It's only Monday of the easy week, but you know if I'm writing this - that plan is already falling apart. 

The pictures I took over the weekend? Won't download to either computer.

The yardage of cotton ribbon I bought two weeks ago? Lost in the depths of the house.

The batting I was going to use today? Equally lost - or, more likely, I used it already and forgot.

Oh, and that light week? I wound up working part of today and scheduling to work for part of Wednesday as well. I shouldn't complain. I like my job most of the time, and I certainly like having some hours - and therefore some income (without it, I'd be hard pressed to do anything crafty!). But I don't deal well with change.

On the other hand, some of the unexpected happenings today are very good. We were invited to a birthday party. We started shopping for an upcoming birthday. I blocked out a weekend to go see Family C - assuming all of our schedules continue to work as they look right now. And, we got a lovely postcard in the mail. So, sometimes unexpected can be good.

I'm off to wash fabric, and quilts, and to search my house for ribbon - which almost certainly got shoved somewhere odd on my way to let unexpected company in. Which makes finding it even more difficult. If I don't find it, I'm all for unplugging the sewing machine and heading to the kitchen to try my hand at some of the cinnamon roll recipes I've been seeing on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment