25 December 2012

It's Christmas Eve

Around here, Christmas Eve usually means dinner, presents, and maybe a holiday movie...

Which it was. And a lovely evening too. I'd thought to come back to the computer and write up a sort of get-out-of-the-humbug-playlist. Then I logged in to my facebook account.

Now my heart is breaking.

A young man I've known all my life and his sisters lost their father tonight.

I knew that man, and I know there are hundreds - maybe thousands - of people who will be impacted by his loss.

But my heart breaks most for my friend and his siblings, who have already lost too much.

Please, amid all your holiday celebrations, take a moment to love each other - because the chance to do so may not come again. And please, take a moment to send thoughts and prayers out for this family - and the too many other families - who are facing a holiday with one less face gathered at the table.



No comments:

Post a Comment