17 December 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Meatloaf

Back in our early dating years, I occasionally would attempt to make meat loaf for my husband. As for whether or not I was successful, you'd have to ask him. I mean, it was meat. And it was usually loaf-like, but it wasn't exactly good.

It's actually been more than three years since my last attempt. Which tells you either that I'm not sure what meat loaf should taste like, I really don't like it, or I'm not very good at making it.

Still, my husband orders it just about every chance he gets, so when I found a recipe on Pinterest for making meat loaf with stuffing mix I pinned it for him and figured I'd eventually get around to making it.

Since stuffing was on sale after Thanksgiving, I figured this would be a good time.

I mixed all the ingredients (all four) together and pressed the mixture into a loaf pan.  I had my husband handle the mixing and putting in the loaf pan (I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to touching raw meat). Then we let it bake.

If there's a way to take a photo of meat and have it look at all appetizing, I need to learn it. I know these photos do not do the food justice. 



It was a bit crumbly, not much like a loaf, but the flavor actually was fairly good. My husband requested I make it again this week, and actually, I don't think I'll mind. Although, I might just have him do it all.


**

I guess it's a sign that it's a good recipe when we've made it three more times since I started this post? Either that or I'm really disorganized. Your call.

On the second two attempts, we went with:

1 lb ground beef
1 box stuffing
2 eggs
1/2 cup water

The results were much better, and less likely to fall apart.


Alright, so it's still not a great photo (and no, I don't eat on my cutting board), but it tasted much better.

And the fact that my husband makes it with out any help or prompting, is a bonus.

He's actually the better cook, he just doesn't like to cook alone because I'm so picky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment