12 December 2012

My Day of 12

I've been wanting to try my hand at one of those photo-throughout-my-day things since before I started blogging. So with today being 12/12/12, I thought I'd join in the fun and try to take a photo throughout my day as near to 12 after the hour as possible.

Turns out:

1) My life is pretty boring
2) I do a lot of things in poor lighting
3) I am not good at remembering to do this.

But, what fun is a challenge if I never reveal the results, right?

Ready? Okay!
3:12 a.m. - editing photos for our 2012 photo book
10:12 a.m. - wake up! 
11:12 a.m. - pop over to see my parents
12:12 p.m. - Mom and Dad's tree
1:12 p.m. - working on the photo book again 
2:12 p.m. - attempting to find a backdrop 
3:12 p.m. - bird watching
5:12 p.m. - I didn't want another photo of the computer. This is my husband, watching over my shoulder.
6:12 p.m.  - pie rush double date at VI 
7:12 p.m. - I should figure out what to do with these...
...

9:12 pm - beginning the attempt

10:12 p.m. - almost done with the attempt
11:12 p.m. - writing this post actually... 

Life is pretty dull around here when I have the day off from work and am too worried about breaking down to take the car out on errands (I realized I am not quite finished with my shopping for Christmas gifts).

Actually, it'd look dull anyway - even if it wasn't. Most of my fun is either impossible to share (inside jokes, card games, or music) or relates to something at work (which I try to either not talk about or be very vague over for client privacy reasons). So... yeah, minus all the working bits that would probably only have been cardboard boxes, this is probably a fairly realistic representation of my day.

Well... I'm usually not up until 3:30, nor do I usually get to sleep in until 10 and wake up because I want to (despite all appearances, today Momo actually waited for me to stir before he came poking to see if I would feed him yet). Usually it's more like 1:30 or 2:30 on the staying up part, and 7 or 8 on the getting up part.

As interesting as that was, I think I'll hold off on any more photo challenges like that until I've got a bit more interesting parts to my day... but now you know I guess.

Oh, and the experiment? I'm utterly in love with this little jam jar quilt block I saw Pinterest (where else?), so I thought I'd give a shot at trying to figure it out with out directions. I'd say I need to think it through a bit more (or keep looking for the directions), but it wasn't a total failure:


I actually think I'll hang it next to my computer - where the sticky notes usually hang out. At least for the winter when it can brighten my day a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment