31 July 2013

Monkeys Again

I realize my latest Monkey Whack quilt has been sitting around waiting for some binding since May, but I have finally made progress on it!

In the last 12 hours it went from looking like this:
(which should look familiar if you've been watching my Progress updates for very long now)

to this:
Nice change, right?

The most obvious difference is that pop of red binding, but I also decided at the last moment that I really needed to do something more with the quilting. So, with no guides or measurements, I added in some diagonal lines (one of my favorite things to do) and wound up with some imperfect wonky diamonds crossing the quilt. I think it's a big improvement over the minimal boxes I had done before.

I think the binding looks pretty good against the top. Not a perfect match to the other reds, but close - and I think the little dots work well against the dots in the navy. So while it isn't perfect, I think it does a good job of tying the whole thing together.
It's not quite as perfect against the back material - which is a bit more pastel than the front - but again, it's not bad.

Which means I'm one wash and one dry away from this quilt being considered one at last! I'm thrilled about that; this one spent way too much time sitting around waiting for inspiration to hit. Can't wait to see how it looks after a wash and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment