26 August 2014

Pinterest Challenge: Doughnut Strawberry Shortcake

Inspired by pins of pictures from Oven Adventures, I decided months ago what I wanted to have for my birthday cake this August. Except that when the time came to it, I was out of town and couldn't. When I got back home, there weren't any strawberries to be had in my town.

So, I made do. Just like I made do with purchased whipped cream. Actually, that one had to do with being lazy.
Peaches were a little tart compared to the sweetness of the doughnut, and let's face it, they just weren't strawberries, but all in all it was really good. And, since I skipped making my own whipped cream, easy and fast too.

Even with the comparable tartness of the peaches, this was yummy. And I am going to do this again with strawberries. Prossibly this weekend.

Assuming I can make it to the store this week. Which is not looking like a bet I'd want to take. Then again, for yummy sugary breakfast, I might just run out Saturday morning after my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment