22 August 2014

Fabric Crush and Store Crush

On Tuesday as I was scrolling through my facebook feed, I happened to pay attention to a little post from Southern Fabric offering a charm pack of Kate & Birdie Paper Co.'s Autumn Woods for only $2. Having some very recent experience quilting on both Bluebird Park, Winter's Lane -- other lines from this designer -- I was thrilled to learn there was another option I hadn't seen anywhere yet. And for $2? How could I not?

Except that of course, once I was shopping, I had to add a little more yardage, and then a little more... so I wound up buying a little more than just a charm pack. But I justify that by saying it was all on sale...

The most visible yardage is some of the Lily Ashbury Folklore line - which I think will be turned into new pillowcases to coordinate with my new bedroom quilt -- whenever that gets done. I had hoped to pick up the same print in another color as well, but when I was shopping they were all sold out already, so I jumped on this one immediately.

Hiding under the Folklore yardage is a small panel that coordinates with the Autumn Woods charms. I think I will regret not ordering a large piece of this - but maybe I can get creative in my use and make it work anyway. I can also order more -- unless it too has been snatched up by other shoppers!
Ugh - my lampshade really discolored these photos and this was the best I could do. I promise it coordinates. 

I'm really happy with the Autumn Woods line - so I took several photos to celebrate the cuteness.
 Autumnal words - autumn woodland, acorns, leaves, fireflies.


 Unlike my camera, please focus on the adorable little bitty acorns!

While I'm not always a huge fan of yellow, I love the grey, orange, and kind of slate-ish blue. The yellow works with the others, yellow is just never going to be my favorite color. I do wish there was a fifth color in the set, maybe a olive-ish green, but all in all I'm very happy with my impulse purchase.

I'm also absolutely thrilled with the turn around time on my order. Four days from order to delivery is really impressive, especially since you know I didn't pay for faster delivery or anything. I'm absolutely thrilled with my first experience shopping at Southern Fabric and will certainly be back. I'll also be paying way more attention to their daily deals - there are some really great bargains that way. Then again, is it really a bargain if you didn't need it? My mother would say 'no' but I'm thinking sometimes when it comes to stash building... the answer just might be 'yes.'

No comments:

Post a Comment