19 August 2014

Quick Update

A busy weekend in the middle of a very busy month, but I had to share a couple photos today and hopefully I'll carve out a few minutes to get some photos off the camera later, and a few more even later so I can share a little of what I've been up to.
I think this was called 'Subway' but I didn't get the creator's info

I did make it to the quilt show this weekend, though I didn't stay very long. This year's quilts on display were much more to my taste than last year, so we did have a good time looking at the various quilts and shops. I didn't find any fabric I just had to have, though I did come home with a few other purchases.

Again, didn't get the artist's info
My husband even found one quilt he liked -- something he is considering trying his hand at. I never thought the day would come - as he's quite anti sewing machines thanks to a bad experience in high school home ec class - but he was quite taken by the quilting.

I had hoped to find fabric, but there was only one yard of anything I was interested in, so I collected coupons and will pick up my next order from my local shop, or online, whichever coupon is still good when I have the time to sit down and make the order!

Oh, here's one of the two things I brought home -- an utter splurge and nothing to do with fabric really.
But it was pretty, and I think it will go well with our bedroom quilts -- which I really want to spend this coming weekend working on. I might have to lock myself in the office to do it though! Too many distractions in other projects around here. This is one of the reasons I like smaller projects, they're easier to start and stop, while our bedroom quilts seem to take so much time and space they're hard to get moving on.

If I make it to quilt group this week I think I might baste mine - simply because I have the pieces, and because I'll have to take everything with me to work that day and I'm not sure I want to haul around the machine for 12 hours prior to the meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment