27 August 2014

Progress on the Stress Front


The stress level isn't down any, but I am still having a blast pulling these scrappy blocks together from my stash of scraps and unloved fabrics. I had hoped I managed to pull a few that would tie together with the pink/blue/lowest volume one, but it still seem to be a slight misfit against the others. The day will come when that one has a few more matches, but it may be a while in coming. I did make a conscious effort to add more blues and purples, and I do think that paid off. Still seems to need a little more yellow, and a few more low volume prints, so I'll give my stash another combing through. I think I also have some really unwanted fabric in my parents' garage that I may look through for something else in the right colors.

I am also going to have to look for some more low volume neutrals for the triangle blocks. I'm almost out of the last of my current cut. So I'll be keeping an eye out, but I don't really want to purchase any fabric specifically for this someday quilt. That could be tricky since low volumes aren't really my usual purchase. Maybe this will help push me out of my comfort zone next time I need a coordinating piece or sash fabric. I think I have enough to make three more blocks, so I could make three and call it good - it looks like a decent size for a crib quilt or something - but I think I want to keep going and just see where this is in a couple months of scrap busting and working whenever my 'real projects' feel too restrictive.

This is one of those projects I can work on a block (or less) at a time, but that looks like a mess until it all comes together. Or maybe it looks like a mess anyway -- but hopefully it's the kind of mess that works together into a scrappy, cohesive whole.

Whatever it is, I'm having a blast with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment