12 August 2014

Welcome Baby W Package

Although I really wanted to go utterly overboard for the Welcome Baby W Package, I know I'm not the only one who is looking forward to pouring gifts and love all over this soon-to-expand family - so I'm trying to hold back, at least for now.

I started with the multi starburst quilt in which I tried to be whimsical, fun, and not too pink -- though I suspect I wasn't as successful on that last goal! In the hope of balancing the pinks and purples of the quilt, I went in more of a green direction with the hooded towel (despite the pink trim) and coordinating bib, as well as with the few outfits I chose from my stash to include.

Actually, although I knew I was very closely matching the colors of the greens, it didn't occur to me until just now that two of the four also feature hot air balloons. The other two are a white with grey chevron and white stars on grey. Nothing terribly loud - but I think other people will be covering the loud part of Baby W's wardrobe.

As for the books, so far I've only picked three -- though there's a good chance I'll pick up another one or two between now and the delivery date. "The Color Kittens" is one of my very favorite books, now and from my childhood, while "You are My Cupcake" is silly fluff and "My Lucky Little Dragon" isn't far behind in terms of fluffiness. Fluffy, yes, but both are adorable and full of cute colors and illustrations.


Baby W should be joining us in about a month and a half, but I'll be delivering the package to her family in a couple weeks. That gives me a few more chances to add a few bits and bobs if I find something else perfect -- but having seen glimpses of the nursery, I can't imagine I'll find a thing they still need!


No comments:

Post a Comment