16 May 2012

Dressed Up Hooded Towel

Since I had half a hand towel left after finishing my first Hooded Towel, I took a few minutes last night to whip up a second hooded towel. 

I followed the same directions from Obsessively Stitching, but this time I took the time to trim off the towel's finished edge. A fat quarter left over from my April Showers/May Flowers quilt - which matched nearly perfectly - turned into a little bit of trim for the hood and edges.  


It took a bit of time to make the trim, and a lot of pinning to keep the towel and cotton moving together through the sewing machine - but I think it was so worth it. 

An added bonus? Without the bulk of the towel's normal finished edge, the hood was significantly easier to sew down. 


I love it. And I can't wait to give it to someone who can wear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment