23 May 2012

Weeds and Tension

I think my May Flowers are turning into weeds...

And not just because I've spent more time pulling wobbly stitches out of April Shower/May Flowers than actually quilting it either.

Though that's true.

I'm fighting with the tension on my new sewing machine. I suspect the bobbin isn't winding properly, though it doesn't look off until I look at the back side of my stitches. But I'm growing more and more familiar with my thread picker/cutter tools.

Other Weeds:
I'm tired of the hospital. It's a nice enough place, and the people are nice too, but I'd rather not spend any more time there for a while. Which is a round-about way of saying I'm really wishing someone in my family was not having more health scares.

We had another chance to get together with Baby C's parents last night. We wound up sitting outside a Starbucks until nearly midnight, just chatting away. Among much talk of Avengers and other comic books/movies, we did talk a little bit about things for Baby C. At one point, Mom-to-Be said something about a cute, lime green dress with a ruffle on the front that she picked up at Carter's. Any chance it's this dress?


How many lime green, ruffle front dresses from Carter's can there be? I'll check with her to see how coordinated we were. I'm crossing my fingers it'll at least be a different size so they can still use it. Or maybe crossing my fingers it isn't so I can add it to my (very small) pile of just-in-case things.

At least I can feel a bit more confident about knowing her taste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment