04 May 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Chicken Caesar Sandwiches


I can't tell you how excited I am to finally be trying The Girl Who Ate Everything's Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches. I feel like it's been on my board begging to be made for too long - and today's the day!

Alright, so I'm not quite following the recipe. I don't have 3-4 quart slow cooker. I had one before our move out of college housing, but I have no idea what happened to it in the years since then. So, this is No-Slow-Cooker chicken Caesar sandwiches. A real shame too, as my house is already too warm to be comfortable.



One benefit of baking the chicken instead of using the slow cooker did mean that the chicken was ready to shred in time for lunch.

Add an onion poppy seed bun (yum) and a few store bought lemon Parmesan waffle fries:


And enjoy.

It was delicious. Like, maybe I won't have to go to Panera quite so often delicious.

My husband thought that the chicken salad ought to be served chilled - but after eating it, he admitted it was pretty good warm. I think we'll try the left overs chilled. Probably tomorrow. For breakfast. Because this is delicious.

If I ever have a reason to double the recipe, or if I ever get access to a smaller slow cooker, I'd love to try this minus the oven. Maybe at the family reunion this fall.

Edited to Add: 
Now that I've had this cold - in buns and wraps - I thought I'd mention it's pretty good cold. My husband preferred it cold, I liked it a little better hot. Ultimately, the temperature didn't make much difference - delicious either way. I found I was adding more dressing when eating it cold, but I may have 'under dressed' it a bit when making it. We finished this batch in three days, and I'm going to make some more tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment