11 May 2012

Procrastination

I procrastinate. A lot. Usually the process goes something like this:
  1. I should really do X project today 
  2. Oh, no! I can't. I'm in the middle of Y project which I started in order to avoid X project 
  3. And now the to do list is one project longer. 
That is more or less the story of my newest quilt project. 

Procrastinating machine quilting April Showers/May Flowers led to me making a list of Dream Quilts - quilts that I want to make someday or use as inspiration someday. 

Making the list led to me staring at an unused jelly roll (a small one I got on clearance) and thinking about one of those Dream Quilts. 

Staring led to cutting. Cutting to sewing. And minutes later I had 79 (very simple) blocks.


I have an idea where I'm headed with these - but 79 is an odd number to be working with. 

I've narrowed my solutions down to two options: 
  1. Make a rectangular top out of 72 squares and use the remaining 7 in the back
  2. Make 2 additional squares in coordinating fabric/s and make an approximately square top (9 blocks by 9 blocks) 
So, if I still want to put off that quilting, I think I'll clear off the bed and play around with these two options. And dig through my stash for options that coordinate. 

It's practically procrastination-proof - playing with fabric is more fun than just about anything else on the to do list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment