26 October 2012

Another Pizza Adventure

Sometimes, I get creative in the kitchen. It's rare, but it happens.

Usually, I've either got a plan or no plan whatsoever and I make whatever I think I can pull together.

Last night was one of those pull it together nights. I hadn't been grocery shopping in too long, and we just had a few odds and ends left over. Eventually, I wound up pulling out a premade pizza crust and some chicken fingers that needed to be eaten. From there, it wasn't much of a jump to mix Ranch dressing with buffalo sauce to make a pizza sauce - just like my favorite buffalo crescents.


I thought it could have used more cheese, but we used all we had, so in to the oven it went.

And almost too long later (I got distracted reading a great article about World of Warcraft's new Mists of Pandaria expansion), out it came.


I know it's very orange. Like school cafeteria nacho cheese orange. No, it isn't because of my limited photography skills. The picture looks about the same as the real deal.

Frightening orange-ness aside, it was actually pretty good. I think I'll try it again with a different crust, but it could easily become another one of the regular dinners around here. And it wasn't even from Pinterest (that I know of).

No comments:

Post a Comment