17 October 2012

Pansy Progress!

I have finally made some progress on the Pansy Patch front! I've been ignoring these little blocks for way too long, and finally last week I took some time to work on piecing them together.



I think the color is a little truer in the second picture, but the first picture is clearer, so you get them both. I really ought to take these outside - or at least somewhere with better light - before trying to take pictures of them. This project has been notoriously difficult to photograph, as well as difficult to execute.

Of course things aren't as perfect as I'd like. The first (left) pansy face is very close to what I wanted to see, but the second (right) didn't turn out nearly as well as I'd hoped. I know that my biggest issue is the center piece, which I'm constantly fighting with to get the right sizing. My instructions say it should be the same size as the corner pieces (with the white triangles), but that makes it too small when it all comes together.

I have one more pansy face to make, but I also have an extra center piece, and I'm really wondering if I should pick the second (right) face apart and try it again with a slightly larger center. I think it would look better, and it would make me happier in the long run, but I am tired of picking things apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment