02 October 2012

October Goals

October Goals
  • Read 5+ books
  • Reading Year Wrap Up 
  • Make one baking/cooking related item from a never before tried recipe 
  • Finish wedding quilt back
  • Baste wedding quilt
  • Send out the autumn package 
  • Something social with friends 
  • Meet Baby C if she comes this way (there's a chance she and her mom will be passing through the area soon)
  • Start Christmas shopping/planning
  • Try to keep my head above water
I thought things would be easier in October than September. That's not the case so far, but I'm trying not to judge the whole month by the first two days. I've already been absolutely blessed to get to spend a few hours with a friend (who recently moved to another time zone, and as she says, practically another country), but it's one of those bittersweet things where I'm thrilled to have gotten to see her, but now missing her is raw again. 

And work. I try hard not to talk about work here, but it is eating me alive. There are days I really like my job, and days I think I'll quit because we don't have enough work to pay the bills, and days I think I'll quit because we have so much work I can't do anything else. It's very rare to have anything like a balance, and I'm really feeling that sense of unbalance right now. 

I'm going to keep plugging away here, but if I'm quiet, it's because I haven't had time to make anything crafty, or pretty, or yummy, and the only thing I've got to show off are blisters. Don't worry, I'll keep those to myself - promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment