31 October 2012

Nooooo!

That's the censored version - just because I know someone occasionally reads with a toddler on her lap.

Quilt binding FAIL.

I knew I was tight on having enough fabric to bind Procrastination Half Squares in the background green w/dot fabric.

So I tried to make it just a little smaller than usual.

And utterly failed.

I know there are worse things, but it hurts to work so hard to use the perfect fabric, only to end up cutting it off the quilt and having to throw all but 6" square scrap away.

Now I get to take that scrap - or the whole quilt - with me in a search for binding material that will work with it.

I'm also 100% out of the right color of thread.

I think this is the first time working on a quilt has actually reduced me to tears.

So I'm going to wallow in pity for a bit longer, then go out and find a way to fix this.

No comments:

Post a Comment