16 October 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza "Braid"

This also is from when Pinterest and I were fighting. It's better now. And I'm happier. 


I am not good at braiding dough.

After the cookie problems, I didn't even try to search out directions for this pizza braid that I've had pinned for ages. I completely winged it. And this time, I think it turned out just fine.


Pizza dough plus Famous Dave Texas Pit BBQ Sauce (the only kind of bbq sauce I've found so far that I can stand, which of course requires a trip to another town because it appears to only be in stock at Super Target stores) plus baked chicken breast. Top it with shredded cilantro, extra sharp white cheddar, and a little more bbq sauce.

Bake as directed for pizza.


Cut and eat as soon as it's cool enough, which was longer than I thought.


Ignore comments from guests about how the appearance of the crust had them thinking about dessert.

Plan to make again.


Yes, I have Christmas lights up in my dining room. These ones have been up since we moved in - and they aren't coming down any time soon. They're blue. And they're one of my favorite things in the house. I use them all winter long to keep my spirits up when it's dark too early. And no, they don't match the Christmas lights that have been up in our bedroom since we moved in - and are also staying up. Yes, my decorating is currently stuck somewhere between college dorm and craigslist finds. Someday I hope to mature a bit more - but my pocketbook will have to mature along with my taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment