25 October 2012

Experimenting...

I'm running out of things to make with pumpkin puree. And there's a lot more of it in my fridge. And soon to be more of it in my freezer. 

cinnamon swirl bread
So, I'm experimenting with putting pumpkin in place of bananas in bread recipes.

So far, it's alright. Slightly less flavorful than I'd hoped for (better double the spices) but working out fairly well.


The picture is a cinnamon swirl bread slightly adapted from the recipe found (via Pinterest) at Sally's Baking Addiction. My pumpkin version was good, but a little bland. I've got my eye on a couple bananas that are about to turn brown if my husband doesn't eat them, and if he doesn't, I'll be trying this one with bananas asap.


1 comment:

  1. Have you tried shredding the pumpkin like zucchini and using it in bread that way? I know it's not using puree....

    ReplyDelete