18 October 2012

Happily Ever After Quilt: Very Scrappy Back

Do I have another blog? Or maybe I blog in my sleep? I swear I already posted this - but if I did, it was somewhere else... Or I accidentally deleted it?

Anyway!

Meet the Very Scrappy Back for my Happily Ever After Quilt:


Turns out - to no one's surprise - it's really difficult to take a photo of this project. Those light parts are made up of the leftover batik pieces so even though they look white, I promise they're the same cotton candy colors as the front of the quilt.


This shot almost shows the colors.


There's a single, large, slightly wonky star and a lot of scraps and pieces. Oh, and two leftover blocks from the front-making. But yes, mostly scraps.

I can't wait to see what they look like together (hopefully good since it's too late to do anything else) but I either have to do some machine quilting or buy some more basting pins. Or try spray basting. Hmm... decisions, decisions.


And yes, I'm still fighting with the tension on my Janome/Kenmore. Oh! I learned I've been saying it wrong; I was told this week that it's not "Jan-ohm," it's "Jan-oh-me." That might explain why the people in the sewing machine repair shop looked at me a little oddly...

No comments:

Post a Comment