30 April 2013

Pinterest Challenge: Grilled Cheese Pull-Apart Rolls

There is nothing remotely healthy to be found here today. You might not believe it, judging by the kind of recipe adventures I share here, but this one called for me buying two things I try never to buy: canned biscuits (the part you might not believe) and Velveeta cheese (which is probably more believable).

But seriously, when you see a picture of something as yummy looking as Oh Bite It!'s Grilled Cheese Pull-Apart Rolls, you might be more than a little tempted to go pick up both. Obviously I was.

This seems easy enough: wrap Velveeta in biscuits...

Pour some melted butter over the top...

And bake.

Only in our case, that turned into: and bake, and bake, and bake.

After more than twice the suggested cooking time, we pulled them out anyway. There were still some raw looking bits - especially on the center ones, so we ate around the edges and put the center ones back in for longer.

I only managed to eat three. Two of them were amazing, one was a little under cooked. But ultimately, it was more Velveeta than I can handle (this being only the second time in nearly three years of marriage I've willingly eaten Velveeta).

So, here's my thought for next time (because the husband was a huge fan): less cheese, more edges to the pan, and maybe add a little something to go with the cheese. I'm thinking a pickle slice (or perhaps relish style cut would work better?). My husband wants hamburger. So, even though things didn't work out quite as quickly as planned (and mine don't look nearly as delicious as the original inspiration), I think we'll be trying something similar again soon - though maybe with the idea of hamburger pull-apart rolls instead of grilled cheese... And certainly when there are more people around to eat it than just the two of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment