17 December 2013

Fashion Challenge Check-In #1

The Goal: To use 4 different fashion looks from my Pinterest Fashion StuffShoes, or the accessories on my Window Shopping boards as inspiration in creating a look for me to wear in November or December.

The Budget: $10 (specifically for tights)

The Inspirations:

1) Dress Shirt

2) Dress + Cardigan 1234,

3) Shorts + tights 1,
So... I tried this. 
1) I am not comfortable posing in front of a camera. I knew this, but wow. Awkward. 
2) Those shorts do not work. I had hoped if I went grey (instead of black like my inspiration) I could make the lighter wash and longer cut work. No. Different shorts fall outside the budget for this project. I did not wear this outfit outside the house to anywhere farther away than my back yard. Does that count as a fail? 
3) I also tried it without the belt. My pose is slightly better - but I'm not sure it helped the outfit at all... 

4) Immediately after seeing the results of this pictures I changed into something more comfortable: 
(A special thank you to my husband/photographer for this candid and completely unexpected shot.)
Not exactly part of the challenge, but...better. 
I think the look requires dark wash jeans and dark or black tights. I have black tights, but I figured they'd look really wrong against the light shorts. Maybe next year... 

4) Statement shoes 1234,

5) Accessories
On the other hand, I did try to do some more accessories and layering. 
Layers, a belt (which should really count as a layer and an accessory), and a little more bling than usual. It's a start... and although I'm giving up on the belt and shorts and tights today, I'm at least going with layers and accessories. It's a slow start - but a start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment