01 December 2013

Imagination Needed

Well, I've been trying to find ways to test drive the possible binding options for the Semi-Sampler quilt without actually turning the fabric choices into binding.

This is the best I've got so far:
It doesn't give a very good idea, but it gives a little bit of one...

Enough for me to feel like neither of the red prints are going to be the right finishing touch. If I had enough of the print to do it alone, I would consider pressing through using it - but I don't, and the other is too much with the border. So... unless something perfect pops up in the next few days, I'm really leaning towards using the blue/multi dots from the back side. I'm not sure it's what I'd choose if I had every fabric in the world at my disposal, but I'd like to get this one done without another trip to the store for it! And yes, I do like the idea of bringing the backing fabric to the front by using the matching binding... So, that's probably a 'yes' then.

I'm following a couple leads about this quilt possibly going to live with someone else, but so far it's still looking like it'll be staying with me for a while. I'm going to have to invest in a bigger storage area - or figure out how to hang them on the walls. Which would require having wall space. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment