13 December 2013

Quilt #20: Semi-Sampler Quilt DONE!

Although I haven't yet shared my excitement over finally washing quilt #19 (the photos I took at the same time as these are hardly worth looking at) - I figured I'd go ahead and celebrate this one being finished. Especially since (as you may have noticed yesterday), I am getting serious about trying to find it (or one of the others) a good home. 

I had to wait for the temperatures to climb above zero before I was willing to wander out into the snow to take pictures of my freshly washed Semi-Sampler quilt. Taking pictures against that much snow made for a new lighting challenge, but I just couldn't wait any longer on this one.

It might not look any different from the pre-washed photos, but it is so much softer now. I just want to snuggle up with it. I'm resisting. For now.

It's come a long way from a few scrappy little blocks last January...
This really started with no plan more than to push myself to complete some blocks that I otherwise wouldn't have attempted - but about three blocks into the project I really fell in love with it.

Even though this is one I started with the hope of keeping, as I pieced the top together, I began to feel like this was really meant to go to someone else. I'm still working on seeing if the person I've chosen is a possibility - as much as I'd like for that to happen, it isn't always possible.
Whether this one finds a home sooner, or later, or ends up staying with me forever, I am just thrilled with the way it turned out. I have a couple favorites, but I just love the blocks I used -- enough so that I am going to have to make using more blocks in the future a priority. I'm not sure if that will mean another sampler, or if I am going to take on the challenge of doing a one block repeated quilt... Of course washing it was scary - red and white with no prewash possible - but so worth it in the end. Washing it has made it so much more soft and lovable.

No comments:

Post a Comment