03 December 2013

Semi-Sampler Bound


In attempting to reprogram my brain for being awake earlier for vacation driving, I wound up gaining some extra hours to my day today - and I spent almost all of them working on finishing the binding on my Semi-Sampler quilt.

Despite being my usual size, about 2.5 flat, the binding seems a little scant. Still, I think I'm glad I went with the blue. The top (above) really needed a break from all that red (my other option for binding).
It really matches the back - being the same fabric as much of the back - but I think that works out alright.

I've got a few loose ends to trim before I throw it in the wash - and I'm still seeing if it has a chance of going to a home right away or if it'll become home decor. I have to say, I didn't intend to give it away, but ever since I picked up feelers on this possible home I've been feeling like that's where it was meant to be. Spending the last several months of backing and quilting thinking of it as going away has really helped me be ready to part with the top blocks (even though I love them and kind of want to keep them as proof that I can do complicated blocks). So, either way, I think I'll feel like I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment