18 December 2013

Little Finishes 1

I haven't really been up to much big work lately - just a few little things at a time... 

A small purple and black zipper bag: 
Lined in dark purple, and almost ready. I just need a zipper pull - which I picked up last night.

I also used an old scrap block to make a tiny clutch:

It's just big enough to carry my mobile and a chap stick. That's not enough for most days - but it's all I need when I'm performing, and this is small enough to hide on a music stand. I used it less than an hour after finishing it, as well as the next day, and was very pleased. I do wish it had a strap or something for easier carrying, but for now it's working well.

This little 'bag' is also supposed to carry my mobile.
I had hoped it would fit inside the purple and black bag so I could carry my phone without worrying that it would get scratched by my keys if they were both in the same bag. Sadly, it doesn't quite work as hoped. I'm trying to figure out if I can make it work with a little more thread ripping, or if I should cut it apart and add the scraps to my future book quilt pile.



No comments:

Post a Comment