30 December 2013

Mini Quilt Finish - the Koi/April/May Mini

Although I'd initially thought I could use this little top as a chair cover for my ugly office chair,
once I got it put together I began to suspect I couldn't possibly sit on that.

It sat in the pile of things needing my attention, taunting me, until a few days ago. I spent several hours working on deep cleaning and organizing the office in case of holiday visitors, and once I got everything I didn't need out, it quickly became clear that the office's attached bathroom could benefit from a little more color. Since it already has green/orange/yellow valance decorations, I immediately thought of this little top.

I was working under a real time crunch - people were coming over in less than two hours - so I didn't get overly complicated, and I settled for some left over binding instead of looking for something that better matched the blue of the koi print fabric. That's a little issue I may change in the future, but for the moment, I'm thrilled with how it brightens up the space.
Even though I don't love some of my green centers, I went with outlining them instead of trying to walk my way around the 'webs' of color. Although it was a little time consuming, it's just about the only quilting on the piece, so it isn't overwhelming and didn't eat up all my time.
Taking pictures of it was a challenge - I really should have taken some outside this morning before the wind hit instead of settling for pictures of it in place, but for now, these are going to have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment