26 December 2013

Only 'Afters'

I'm skipping any photos I have of the 'before' areas of my office/craft organization. It just wouldn't be fair to frighten you all with the amount of dust I had going on a few hours ago. Or the lack of organization. 

I resorted my entire collection of scraps. It might not look more organized to anyone else, but it is much better. The little blue and white organizer was previously holding hair supplies I hadn't used in more than 4 years - which were mostly sorted into give-away boxes - and replaced with piles of small scraps. The larger pieces are in the clear plastic bin (I can't believe I lost the lid to that thing after only one use), and ones I have yet to sort are in the self-painted bowl. The next shelf is a massive stack of large scraps, as well as stacks of things that have been cut, but are waiting for a little more attention. I promise it's an improvement in the organization - and the shelf is probably two pounds lighter after the dusting I gave it!
I also sorted out my latest button haul from a full shoe box into the larger, but emptier, glass jar on the top shelf. It's not completely functional - but again, a big improvement over what I had going on yesterday. When I'm short on inspiration, I love twisting the jars like an eye-spy game, searching the buttons or colors for some ideas or inspiration. That was one of my favorite things to do when I used to sit in my mother's sewing room, so whether there's a more organized way of keeping buttons or not, the jars stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment