02 February 2013

An Almost-surprise Delivery

(Nothing to do with babies)

Last weekend I got a call from my mother-in-law because "someone, not me," had tried to send me a package, but it had eventually been returned as undeliverable. Turns out, we don't know where the delivery service was trying to drop it off, but it wasn't our place.

So it wasn't exactly a surprise when I got a package (brought by a different delivery service) late in the week.

Along with more packages of air than I've seen in a single box before was this:


which I'd call a serger, but I guess is technically an overlock machine.

I won't lie, I'm nervous. Having been a drop out of 'how to use a serger 102' last year (apparently 101 really was a pre-req!), I don't have the best history with these kinds of machines. Alternatively, I'm kind of excited.

Despite whatever emotion is winning at the moment, I have to finish Happily Ever After Quilt before I let myself be distracted by anything else - I'm still debating additional quilting, but I wound up buying new fabric last night for the binding (in part because I didn't have enough, in part because I realized I wanted something a little sturdier). The fabric is drying now and I hope to get a start on it yet today. But things with rapidly approaching deadlines come first.

No comments:

Post a Comment