25 February 2013

Going on an Adventure

In case you didn't hear, it actually snowed here yesterday. I was beginning to think it was spring - as were the plants and animals - but we got more snow than I think I've seen in years!

Before

After
Yes, I am intentionally standing in the largest drift on the property. Everything averaged out about mid-calf to knee high, but we had a couple drifts that were pretty impressive.

It's been a long time since I've had a snow day, and as you can tell, I spent a couple hours running around. Okay, I was actually scraping off the cars and then using the two ice scrapers to dig into the barn (which had drifted closed - a problem when all the shovels are inside). But it was still fun.

Sadly, the Adventure was not playing in the snow in the daylight. It was going out in multiple cars that have never been used in this kind of snow before. One was surprisingly successful, the other resulted in needing to be pushed through some snow - twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment