13 February 2013

Maybe I'm Making a Sampler Style Quilt?

Once upon a time I accidentally bought a charm pack. I don't mean I didn't realize it was in my hands when I checked out. More like I thought it would match a certain project only to get home and realize I was way off in my memory of the colors.

I'm not really a fabric collector. While I occasionally come across pieces I can't stand to cut into unless it's for the perfect thing - like the two prints I'm holding on to for future!kid? - usually I aim for pieces I can see using right away. So, after a couple weeks of staring at this little unwanted charm pack, I just jumped. 

I pulled the only fabric from my stash that was even close to matching and started cutting. 


So far it's just these three blocks - but I'm making plans for a few others to coordinate. Probably a nine patch or something similar, maybe a couple different styles of stars.

I'm hoping to include

  • a friendship star
  • a sawtooth star
  • a star in a star
  • a couple more squares (nine patches etc.)
  • maybe a disappearing nine patch 

Squares and stars? Maybe... maybe I'll find something else to throw in as well...

These have been time consuming, but my biggest concern is that I will probably have to come up with a second additional accent fabric, as the stash piece was very small (less than a fourth of a yard). 

I won't really know where this is going until I've got all the blocks made, but I'm thinking a small quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment