20 February 2013

Rolling Along...

This was not the plan. But it turns out, life doesn't go as planned. You would think I would learn that by now. I was going to work with solids and batiks; That was my plan from the moment I began to think about these quilts. Then I went shopping and came home - after hours of debate in the store - with something completely different:


That's a jelly roll of Noteworthy. I have some yardage of two of my favorite prints to go with it too. 

The plan isn't significantly changed, but the look/feel is going to be dramatically different than what I'd planned. And that's okay. Sometimes, I think you have to let the fabric talk to you. Or maybe I just spent too long wandering the rows of my 'local' quit shop! 


On a personal note: I am mostly recovered from yesterday's extra long work day, and related injuries. Today was back to 'normal' (if there's any such thing) though I'm still plagued by an occasional twinge in my shoulder. I'm going to start on this tonight, but if the shoulder keeps complaining, I'm just not going to push it. These quilts do have a due date, but it's far enough out that I can take time to let my muscles recoup without feeling like I'm falling behind. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't care if it's fabric, you've successfully made me hunger for a roll (although I'm thinking cinnamon, not jelly)....

    Get healed up soon. And stay there. Or I'll be upset.

    ReplyDelete